ID Pal will not accept an expired passport for the Right to Work check and is unable to verify other documents for Right to Work purposes.


If the passport is recently expired and the image is still a true likeness e.g., not from childhood, the worker can send a copy with their QWork ID Number to


If they do not hold a recently expired passport, if the likeness has changed, or if you have never held a passport. Send a copy of a birth/adoption certificate and an official document issued by a government agency or a previous employer stating their National Insurance number and name, together with the QWork Worker ID Number, to


A naturalised British citizen can forward a copy of their certificate of registration/naturalisation instead of a birth/adoption certificate.


Please note that this process will take longer than processing through the Mellissa ID Pal App.