ID Pal will not accept an expired passport for the Right to Work check and is unable to verify other documents for Right to Work purposes.


If your passport is recently expired and the image is still a true likeness e.g., not from childhood, please send a copy of it with your Worker ID / Payroll Ref number to


If you do not hold a recently expired passport, if the likeness has changed, or if you have never held a passport, please send a copy of your birth/adoption certificate and an official document issued by a government agency or a previous employer stating your National Insurance number and name, together with your Worker ID / Payroll Ref number, to


If you are a naturalised British citizen, you can forward a copy of your certificate of registration/naturalisation instead of a birth/adoption certificate.


Please note that this process will take longer than processing through the Mellissa ID Pal App so please ensure you complete the above as soon as you have registered on QWork.